ClashFarmer Discussion Forum
Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - Printable Version

+- ClashFarmer Discussion Forum (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ClashFarmer Discussions (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? (/showthread.php?tid=5743)

Pages: 1 2

Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - BoWitch - 03-11-2019

have not been able to get the new bot to work in any of my virtual machines (3 of them). downloaded the installer multiple times to ensure it was nothing corrupt, ensured i have deleted previous versions etc.... etc.... gone through all the normal trouble shooting but i still get this error.

[Image: olaupdb499c.png]

i know where that usually comes from. 64bit application on a 32bit OS. All my VM's for the bot's are 32bit, decided to test it on my host which is windows 10 64bit and it worked fine.

is the bot now natively 64bit only?

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - BoWitch - 03-12-2019

thanks for the response, or rather, lack there of...........

took my VM's upgraded to windows 10 x64, installed Memu 2.9.6 from the download link and have realised im even more restricted because memu does not nest within a virtual machine.

i have no idea who is cooking these ideas up, but someone needs a reality check. there are so many limitations now there is no point is following this now. i have been an avid follower, i have supported on the forum, i have told people they are viewing it all wrong.

seems everyone saw it before i did.

life time member running 3 bots, 2 free, 1 life time, limited to 1 bot
running 32 bit OS, bot wont run unless on 64 bit, now have zero bots
upgrade to 64 bit OS, completed
remove support for bluestacks, or rather allowing unsupported running and limiting to Memu, again zero bots
install Memu only to find, it runs like a dog and you cant nest virtualisation with Memu when you can with bluestacks zero bots
return to my host and install Memu, and bot and now running 1 bot

im not a developer but i have a devops department in the very, very, very well known large IT company i work for and its all about enablement not disablement.

not sure what the angle is here now and starting to believe some of the rants are becoming true!

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - old-duffer - 03-13-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:32 PM)BoWitch Wrote: thanks for the response, or rather, lack there of...........

took my VM's upgraded to windows 10 x64, installed Memu 2.9.6 from the download link and have realised im even more restricted because memu does not nest within a virtual machine.

i have no idea who is cooking these ideas up, but someone needs a reality check. there are so many limitations now there is no point is following this now. i have been an avid follower, i have supported on the forum, i have told people they are viewing it all wrong.

seems everyone saw it before i did.

life time member running 3 bots, 2 free, 1 life time, limited to 1 bot
running 32 bit OS, bot wont run unless on 64 bit, now have zero bots
upgrade to 64 bit OS, completed
remove support for bluestacks, or rather allowing unsupported running and limiting to Memu, again zero bots
install Memu only to find, it runs like a dog and you cant nest virtualisation with Memu when you can with bluestacks zero bots
return to my host and install Memu, and bot and now running 1 bot

im not a developer but i have a devops department in the very, very, very well known large IT company i work for and its all about enablement not disablement.

not sure what the angle is here now and starting to believe some of the rants are becoming true!

I have 1 CF running with Bluestacks on Virtualbox hosted by Linux.  No problems. My grandson also works for an IT company and their development dept says CF has some holes in their error handling sub with respect to MEmu.  MEmu also has runtime errors due to improper API calls from CF according to them.  The notion that runtime errors are an OS fault is, well, faulty --- runtimes are almost always due to an external program making improper calls.

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - Supreme Leader - 03-13-2019

So basically you saying clashfarmer is crap and didnt benefit yall in anyway and cf team dont know how to run their site and bot and we just should give it to someone who can code?

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - BoWitch - 03-13-2019

not at all, what i am saying is its becoming far to restrictive and there is no benefit in doing so.

dont lock it down to memu but dont support bluestacks as it was.

more people will use it when its less restrictive, simple as that. the apple android story is exactly the same.

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - Supreme Leader - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 02:16 PM)BoWitch Wrote: not at all, what i am saying is its becoming far to restrictive and there is no benefit in doing so.

dont lock it down to memu but dont support bluestacks as it was.

more people will use it when its less restrictive, simple as that. the apple android story is exactly the same.

thank you for your feedback.

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - old-duffer - 03-13-2019

(03-13-2019, 01:19 PM)Erakay Wrote: So basically you saying clashfarmer is crap and didnt benefit yall in anyway and cf team dont know how to run their site and bot and we just should give it to someone who can code?

Of course not. Just exchanging info with Bo. Benefit has been great & I've informed CF directly on that subject. I'll continue to use the bot as I currently do on 3 accounts.  I suspect I'll not be able to use future releases but I'm happy to run 1.8.21 as long as they leave that version as is.

(03-13-2019, 08:51 PM)old-duffer Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:19 PM)Erakay Wrote: So basically you saying clashfarmer is crap and didnt benefit yall in anyway and cf team dont know how to run their site and bot and we just should give it to someone who can code?

Of course not. Just exchanging info with Bo. Benefit has been great & I've informed CF directly on that subject. I'll continue to use the bot as I currently do on 3 accounts.  I suspect I'll not be able to use future releases but I'm happy to run 1.8.21 as long as they leave that version as is.

The changes to CF is not final Sir. same as every other software theres changes and all changes are aimed to make the bot to become better, theres no detection methods for Clashfarmer so coding it to do any thing has to be perfect to keep you and other users safe from getting banned. I mean look at windows 7 support gonna end in less than a year, and VL version gonna cost like triple windows 10 price i dont see people going telling them how to run things or bashing them?
And now people who were nice we try to update the bot and deliver something better they actually just turn on us and start bashing.
Its just frustrating to come here every day and people just try to bash clashfarmer like everyone knows whats best for it and most of the users (no offense) dont even know what their PC component are.
Especially when i dont even use the bot myself or play the game anymore since like 2 years now.

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - gopostal - 03-17-2019

(03-13-2019, 09:24 PM)Erakay Wrote: Especially when i dont even use the bot myself or play the game anymore since like 2 years now.
I hope you don't get discouraged. There are those of us out here that are VERY happy with things. You are only hearing the negative but that's not the entire picture.

Your program works perfectly on my system. I installed using the suggested method and took the time to understand the configurations. I expected a small learning curve but it wasn't hard. I can see though where people not taking the time to understand what they are doing could make mistakes and then have issues.

I sincerely hope you continue developing.

RE: Has the bot been recoded to only work in 64 bit OS? - BoWitch - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 04:48 PM)gopostal Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:24 PM)Erakay Wrote: Especially when i dont even use the bot myself or play the game anymore since like 2 years now.
I hope you don't get discouraged. There are those of us out here that are VERY happy with things. You are only hearing the negative but that's not the entire picture.

Your program works perfectly on my system. I installed using the suggested method and took the time to understand the configurations. I expected a small learning curve but it wasn't hard. I can see though where people not taking the time to understand what they are doing could make mistakes and then have issues.

I sincerely hope you continue developing.

thats not entirely the case. i have not made any mistakes, and i have fully understood the configurations. previous to this update you could install on the following options.

Android Emulators
Memu on host OS
Bluestacks on host OS or in Virtual guest

Operating System Architectures
Windows 32 Bit
Windows 64 Bit

now its only
Memu on host OS in a windows 64 bit OS

you will see my posts are always positive in this forum, however this change is causing a shoe horn into a configuration which is so restrictive is a limitation in itself. To maximise the ability to sell an application you should be looking to develop the application to be used across as many platforms in as many configurations as possible. just because it works for your in your configuration where your understanding more than likely does not extend upon Next, Next, Next, Finish does not mean that it is fit for everyone else.