ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: What emulator are you using?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been running BS1 (as was previously recommended) but lately it has been crashing a lot for me.  I see now the latest version support BS, BS2 and MEmu (whatever that is) and I was curious what the community is using.  If you have tried them all, let me know what made you pick one.  If you're jsut using one, let me know which and what you like/dislike about it.  

Thanks!
The recommended emulator for CF isnow MEmu not BS
(06-27-2016, 10:42 AM)Borders Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]The recommended emulator for CF isnow MEmu not BS

Yep and that is why I'm asking what people are using. I don't know MEmu, I've never heard of MEmu, and I'd like to get some feedback on it. Also regardless of recommendations, if the community is largely using BS2 or even BS1, that has impact.
(06-27-2016, 01:31 PM)Jon Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 10:42 AM)Borders Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]The recommended emulator for CF isnow MEmu not BS

Yep and that is why I'm asking what people are using. I don't know MEmu, I've never heard of MEmu, and I'd like to get some feedback on it. Also regardless of recommendations, if the community is largely using BS2 or even BS1, that has impact.

Some PCs are buggy with BS so they use MEmu if BS running fine then use it if not use MEmu its simple as that
I downloaded MEmu but it keeps crashing after a while. I have tried all sorts of solutions including re-installing but to no avail. The error message read "Appcrash" BS 1 has no such issue though.
(06-27-2016, 01:53 PM)Borders Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]

Some PCs are buggy with BS so they use MEmu if BS running fine then use it if not use MEmu its simple as that

For a mod you don't really embrace the "community" idea.  I installed MEmu and CF tries to open it and configure size and bugs it out.  BS was a little better as it would run for a raid or two and then CF would have issues with it and end up trying to close and open it over and over and over.  Just trying to see if it is worth putting time into learning a new emulator and what kind of feedback people have about the one they are using.

(06-28-2016, 03:39 AM)mikapoh Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded MEmu but it keeps crashing after a while. I have tried all sorts of solutions including re-installing but to no avail. The error message read "Appcrash" BS 1 has no such issue though.

Yeah I am getting errors with MEmu as well and the defualt CF chooses MEmu if both are installed doesn't allow me much time to troubleshoot and run CF.  I'll keep hunting and working at it.
(06-28-2016, 10:06 AM)Jon Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2016, 01:53 PM)Borders Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]

For a mod you don't really embrace the "community" idea.  I installed MEmu and CF tries to open it and configure size and bugs it out.  BS was a little better as it would run for a raid or two and then CF would have issues with it and end up trying to close and open it over and over and over.  Just trying to see if it is worth putting time into learning a new emulator and what kind of feedback people have about the one they are using.

(06-28-2016, 03:39 AM)mikapoh Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded MEmu but it keeps crashing after a while. I have tried all sorts of solutions including re-installing but to no avail. The error message read "Appcrash" BS 1 has no such issue though.

Yeah I am getting errors with MEmu as well and the defualt CF chooses MEmu if both are installed doesn't allow me much time to troubleshoot and run CF.  I'll keep hunting and working at it.

right, Im a CF user before a mod, for me BS doesnt work with the bot on my laptop so i use MEmu, for some people MEmu doesnt work so they use BS....
If you facing problems with BS use this tool to completely uninstall it DOWNLOAD
then reinstall it , it worked for most people with BS problems.
These are the 2 recommended BS versions to use BS1 and BS2 Just in case you got the wrong version installed
Thank you for the information. With the latest version of CF 1.8.12, will the BS1 run without the "ending" message? Do I need to fresh install BS1 again?
(06-29-2016, 03:20 AM)mikapoh Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the information. With the latest version of CF 1.8.12, will the BS1 run without the "ending" message? Do I need to fresh install BS1 again?

Ending message?
(06-29-2016, 05:02 AM)Borders Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2016, 03:20 AM)mikapoh Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the information. With the latest version of CF 1.8.12, will the BS1 run without the "ending" message? Do I need to fresh install BS1 again?

Ending message?

"Support for BS1 is ending soon" . Will I encounter this if I re-install the BS1 as per your download link using CF1.8.12 ? Thanks.
Pages: 1 2