ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: Support for Nox Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

After having to ditch my old version (1.8.10 RC16) because of the CoC update, I decided to give Memu a try, since BS1 had been giving me some problems, being a memory-hog, opening dozens of icons in my systray, etc.  Well I installed/uninstalled Memu 5 or 6 times, but can't get it to load CoC.  It either freezes during Memu startup, or freezes during CoC startup, never got any further than that.  I saw someone mention an emulator called Nox, and it looks almost identical to Memu as far as its GUI goes, what's under the hood, I couldn't begin to guess.  But it works on my setup, where Memu won't.

As I expected, when I try to run CF with it, CF says "Could not find suitable Android emulator." No surprise there, but thought it was worth a shot.

I'm going to give BS2 a try.  And if that doesn't work, I'll reinstall BS1.  But once all the work on the Beta is over, which I realize might be a while, it might be a good idea to see if you can get CF working with Nox.  It looks a million times better than my old BS1 does graphically, and seems to run (CoC at least) at perfect speeds.  That's probably the case with Memu as well, but I'm sure I'm not the only person it won't work for.

Edit: actually Nox appears fairly buggy on my system as well. When I just tried to shut it down, it hung and had to be forced closed. Back to BlueStacks for me it seems.
(10-21-2016, 12:50 AM)loubat Wrote: [ -> ]  

Maybe you should check your system if all programs fail Smile
Super helpful. Thanks! Wink

There a LOT of users for which Memu and BS2 simply don't work. Plenty of RAM, running Win10. Those programs just aren't super compatible. They work fine with the exact combo of graphics card and processor, and luck, but for others they just don't work.
(10-24-2016, 02:16 PM)loubat Wrote: [ -> ]Super helpful.  Thanks!  Wink

There a LOT of users for which Memu and BS2 simply don't work.  Plenty of RAM, running Win10.  Those programs just aren't super compatible.  They work fine with the exact combo of graphics card and processor, and luck, but for others they just don't work.

BS2 doesn't work well on all computers, but MEmu or BS1 should work..
Yeah BS1 works ok, it just opens a billion BS icons in my systray. Memu would never load CoC for me without freezing. I reinstalled it 4 or 5 times. Never had any luck. I'm getting tons of errors with the new beta. Reinstalling BS1 again, hoping that might make a difference, but I'm really just holding out for the next Beta release.
(10-24-2016, 09:44 PM)loubat Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah BS1 works ok, it just opens a billion BS icons in my systray.  Memu would never load CoC for me without freezing.  I reinstalled it 4 or 5 times.  Never had any luck.  I'm getting tons of errors with the new beta.  Reinstalling BS1 again, hoping that might make a difference, but I'm really just holding out for the next Beta release.

Have you tried the latest version 1.8.15?