ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: What timezone does clashfarmer license verification operate in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently purchased a professional license, however I'm having trouble understanding the license period reduction.

I switched on the bot at 2AM  in the night, it showed 28 days remaining, I switched on the bot again in the morning at 10.30AM, it's showing 27 days remaining. My timezone is GMT+5:30 so I was wondering what timezone does the license server operate in?

Thanks.
(06-22-2021, 05:28 AM)naspterv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I recently purchased a professional license, however I'm having trouble understanding the license period reduction.

I switched on the bot at 2AM  in the night, it showed 28 days remaining, I switched on the bot again in the morning at 10.30AM, it's showing 27 days remaining. My timezone is GMT+5:30 so I was wondering what timezone does the license server operate in?

Thanks.
your PC time zone so if you mess with your clock you will probably lose days (untested in theory)
(06-22-2021, 01:53 PM)Supreme Leader Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2021, 05:28 AM)naspterv Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks.
your PC time zone so if you mess with your clock you will probably lose days (untested in theory)

If that's the case then how can my days remaining count drop from 28(22nd June 2AM, ran the bot for an hour or so) to 27 on the same date 22nd June 10.30AM.

At the time of this writing, it's 8.15PM and now also it shows 27 days remaining.

I'm not messing with my PC clock. I'm trying to understand how this works so I can extract the best possible out of my monthly subscription as the number of days will only be reduced on the days I use the bot. 6$ may not be much in USD but it's a bit valuable in my native currency.
basically at 11:59 pm if u press Start for 2 seconds and stop it, it will deduct 1 day, at 00:01 u press start again it will deduct another day. each day no matter when u hit start no matter for how long it will deduct 1 day, if you dont hit start in a date then it will not deduct
Alright, I figured it out. So anyone who's wondering, the licensing server operates on GMT time. So the condition stated above 23:59 and 00:01, it's with relation to GMT 23:59/00:01.
(07-17-2021, 08:41 AM)naspterv Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I figured it out. So anyone who's wondering, the licensing server operates on GMT time. So the condition stated above 23:59 and 00:01, it's with relation to GMT 23:59/00:01.

I guess you meant UTC time zone Smile
Developers confirmed that CF is set according to UTC time zone, from 12:00 am (midnight) to 12:00 pm (noon) is counted as 1 day.