ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: is Dev still active?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came from MyBot.run which I had a terrible time getting to work. I don't like the subscription model but if it works - great. The first thing that stood out is spells aren't supported. MyBot.run supports them and they seem like a pretty important thing to implement. So, I thought I would check news/blogs  on this site. The most recent around from pre-2000. Nothing to say for several years? So, is this bot currently being worked on? Are you planning to implement the basics, like spells? Even most of the posts in "strategies" are very old. Is this bot dyeing or abandoned?

PieGuy
(07-21-2022, 02:17 PM)PieGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I came from MyBot.run which I had a terrible time getting to work. I don't like the subscription model but if it works - great. The first thing that stood out is spells aren't supported. MyBot.run supports them and they seem like a pretty important thing to implement. So, I thought I would check news/blogs  on this site. The most recent around from pre-2000. Nothing to say for several years? So, is this bot currently being worked on? Are you planning to implement the basics, like spells? Even most of the posts in "strategies" are very old. Is this bot dyeing or abandoned?

PieGuy

It stills works, but as you said some important pieces are missing.

It does not support Pet usage
It does not support spell deployment
It has some common technical issues that can be user resolved, but can be fixed by Dev if they so choose.

It works reliably about 85% of the time, it will occasionally hang noting a error unable to reach Zoom state but it is resolvable.

I wish there was some way to tell if there are still Devs working on it, but the Forum admin avoids questions or notes that the bot technically works, so why update???
the bot technically works, so why update???

I would argue that until spells are integrated, the bot does not work, at least not as well as it should. Spells would be a huge deal ensuring far more loot. If they didn't charge for it I can see them telling me not to complain - but this is a paid bot with a huge piece of functionality missing. I paid for a month, will not renew until they at least add spells. Having said that, I am becoming more convinced that this bot has been abandoned.
(07-21-2022, 08:13 PM)PieGuy Wrote: [ -> ]the bot technically works, so why update???

I would argue that until spells are integrated, the bot does not work, at least not as well as it should. Spells would be a huge deal ensuring far more loot. If they didn't charge for it I can see them telling me not to complain - but this is a paid bot with a huge piece of functionality missing. I paid for a month, will not renew until they at least add spells. Having said that, I am becoming more convinced that this bot has been abandoned.

Hello PieGuy

Clashfarmer from day one has never added spells into the bot.  The bot itself was designed differently to just farm.  No pushing, no scripts and no spells.  Just simple farming.  It does support most of the troops although some of the later troops are not yet supported as well as the lastest wall levels.

The last update to the bot was the addition of Android v7 and the latest Memu support (v7.6.3).  The bot hasn't been abondoned yet.