ClashFarmer Discussion Forum
[SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 5 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HELP!!! - Printable Version

+- ClashFarmer Discussion Forum (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ClashFarmer Discussions (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://www.clashfarmer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 5 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HELP!!! (/showthread.php?tid=5242)

Pages: 1 2

[SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 5 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HELP!!! - orkalass - 12-02-2017

I am making this in anticipation of everyone upgrading their MEmu to 5.x.x, without first exporting their current instance.

If you want to learn how to backup your current MEmu instance look at ***Section 3***.

If you want to learn how to restore a backup of MEmu to a fresh installation, see ***Section 4***

Starting with MEmu 5.0.1 and moving forward the default version of Android is 5.1. The sad part is that ClashFarmer doesn't like Android 5.1 for some reason, and only works with up to Android 4.4.x. This is easily fixable by creating a new instance of Android 4.4! Thankfully, the default MEmu installation already includes everything you need!

If you didn't backup your MEmu instance, and you installed the new version of MEmu, here's how to get it working with the ClashFarmer Bot!

***Section 1***
1. Look for the icon on your desktop that says "Multi-MEmu" and double-click it to open.
2. It will list an instance called "MEmu" with some options. Press "Delete" and say yes to any prompts.
3. Once that instance is deleted, look at the bottom right-hand corner of the Multi-MEmu window for a button that says "Create". 
4. Click on the button "Create" and then select the SECOND option, "Android 4.4".
***If you do not see an Android 4.4 option when you click on "Create", please see Section 2 below***
5. Let that do it's thing. Once it is completed you'll see the newly created instance and its name. Make sure it's name is "MEmu". If it isn't, click on the first icon next to its name and rename the instance to just "MEmu".
6. Close out of Multi-MEmu and start MEmu like normal.
7. Once you go through the initial setup and install Clash of Clans, run Clash of Clans and then start the ClashFarmer Bot. It'll resize MEmu and you'll be back to botting!

***Section 2***
******If you do not see an Android 4.4 option when you click on "Create", please read this section******
Ok, so I figured eventually MEmu would stop including the image file for Android 4.4. So here are directions on how to obtain it!
1. First, figure out where you have MEmu installed to. By default, MEmu installs to D:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu (personally, mine's located in C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu).
2. Next, let's download the Android 4.4 OVA file from here: http://dl.memuplay.com/download/ova/MEmu44.ova
3. Either Save that file to the MEmu folder we found in Step 1, or save it to your default download location and then copy the file over. In the end, the file should be located in the MEmu folder we found in Step 1.
4. We're almost done! Now you'll want to kill the currently running instance of MEmuConsole. Open up your Task Manager and under the Processes tab, find "MEmuConsole.exe" (it may say "MEmuConsole.exe *32) and select it (click on it). Then click on "End Process" in the bottom right-hand corner.
5. Close out of Task Manager and go back to the start of this post.

***Section 3***
MEmu upgrades are happening faster and faster these days, and it's always recommended to start with a fresh installation of the program rather than upgrading your current installation. To make it quicker to get back up and running with ClashFarmer after a fresh installation of MEmu, I'm going to teach you how to make and use a backup!

A few boring parts: I'm assuming you the Clash Farmer bot up and running successfully with MEmu. Since the bot works with your MEmu, I'll assume the instance's name is also MEmu, as that is currently a requirement for the bot.

1. Close any running instances of MEmu.
2. By going to either the Desktop or the Start Menu, find and start Multi-MEmu.
3. You should now see a list with at least one row with an instance named MEmu. Follow the row to the end (the right-most part) and click on the double arrows (<<). 
4. Once you clicked on the double arrows (technically they're called Double Left-Pointing Angle Quotation Mark, but let's just keep calling them double arrows) you should see 3 new buttons have appeared: "Zip", "Clone", "Export".
5. Click on "Export". A window will pop up asking you where to save your file and what to name it. Save it somewhere safe, such as cloud storage, your desktop, or your typical downloads folder. Put it anywhere EXCEPT in your MEmu folder. For a file name, put in something memorable, such as "InsertYourNameHeresMEmuBackup.ova" (if you forget the .ova, Windows will put it in there for you) and click Save.
6. This may take some time. You will see a status bar in Multi-MEmu. If it gets stuck at 99%, just wait. This can simply mean it is writing from cache to your hard drive.
7. Once it finishes, congrats! You now have a backup of your MEmu!

***Section 4***
So you either had to re-install MEmu or you did a clean installation while upgrading MEmu. Whichever the case, you have a backup that you would like to use instead of setting MEmu up all over again. Let's get started!
Boring part: I'll assume you have the version of MEmu you want to use installed, and that you have a backup of a previous instance of MEmu called "MyBackup.ova".

1. Close all instances of MEmu.
2. Find Multi-Memu (Desktop or Start Menu) and run it.
3. You should see a list of at least one row with the name MEmu. Under Operation, click "Delete". Click "Ok".
4. Baleted! Good riddance! Now let's restore that backup! On the bottom of window you will find a button labeled "Import". Click it.

5. Wham! A window just opened up. Neato! Go to where you have your backup stored (in this scenario we'll call it MyBackup.ova). Click it to select it and then press "Open".
6. You will see a progress bar as MEmu imports your backup.
7. THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!! Is the next one ;-P
8. Once your backup is done importing, it might be called something weird. Like "MEmu - Imported from MyBackup.ova" weird. If it does, click the first icon directly to the right of the name. This is the rename option. Once you click it, press "Delete" on your keyboard, and then type in "MEmu" and then press the Enter key, or click somewhere outside the textbox.
9. Now, make sure you have an internet connection. During the importing, or possibly the next time you start MEmu, the program might need to download a few files to update your newly restored backup. 
10. The first time the newly restored backup runs, it will show a window in MEmu saying Android is upgrading/updating apps. That is normal during an Android upgrade and it will only show the first time. And to be completely honest, I can't 100% recall if it'll show up at all. But if it does, it's okay.

Thanks Mind Maze!

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - Supreme Leader - 12-02-2017

Thank you for taking the time to write all this.
Veey much appreciated !!!

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - VanillaXtract - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 07:23 AM)orkalass Wrote: I am making this in anticipation of everyone upgrading their MEmu to 3.6.7, without first exporting their current instance.

Starting with MEmu 3.6.7 and moving forward the default (and currently only) version of Android is 5.1. The sad part is that ClashFarmer doesn't like Android 5.1 for some reason, and only works with up to Android 4.4.x. This is easily fixable by downloading and copying over the Android44.ova file!

(If you want the tl;dr version, skip number 1!)

1. First, head over to http://www.memuplay.com/blog/2017/11/30/how-to-get-android-4-4-since-memu-3-6-7/. It will explain everything.
2. Download the Android 4.4 OVA file 
3. Copy the download file (MEmu44.ova) to your Microvirt\MEmu directory. The default directory is D:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu. However, many users like to put it on C: drive instead, so for them it would be C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu.
4. Open Windows Task Manager and look for MEmuConsole.exe under processes/image name. Highlight and kill the process. 
5. Close Windows Task Manager and open Multi-MEmu. This time, when you click on "+Create" you can select Android 4.4.
6. Create an Android 4.4 instance
7. ???
8. Profit!
This didn’t work for me. I get the “some error occurred” in clashfarmer.

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - Supreme Leader - 12-02-2017

Make sure the file name is Memu44.ova not .tar after downloading

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - VanillaXtract - 12-03-2017

(12-02-2017, 11:19 PM)Mind Maze Wrote: Make sure the file name is Memu44.ova not .tar after downloading

I did. I was able to make a new instance using the 4.4 file. I just went to file hippo and downloaded Memu 3.6.2.

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - orkalass - 12-07-2017

(12-02-2017, 05:48 PM)VanillaXtract Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 07:23 AM)orkalass Wrote: I am making this in anticipation of everyone upgrading their MEmu to 3.6.7, without first exporting their current instance.

Starting with MEmu 3.6.7 and moving forward the default (and currently only) version of Android is 5.1. The sad part is that ClashFarmer doesn't like Android 5.1 for some reason, and only works with up to Android 4.4.x. This is easily fixable by downloading and copying over the Android44.ova file!

(If you want the tl;dr version, skip number 1!)

1. First, head over to http://www.memuplay.com/blog/2017/11/30/how-to-get-android-4-4-since-memu-3-6-7/. It will explain everything.
2. Download the Android 4.4 OVA file 
3. Copy the download file (MEmu44.ova) to your Microvirt\MEmu directory. The default directory is D:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu. However, many users like to put it on C: drive instead, so for them it would be C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu.
4. Open Windows Task Manager and look for MEmuConsole.exe under processes/image name. Highlight and kill the process. 
5. Close Windows Task Manager and open Multi-MEmu. This time, when you click on "+Create" you can select Android 4.4.
6. Create an Android 4.4 instance
7. ???
8. Profit!
This didn’t work for me. I get the “some error occurred” in clashfarmer.

Then try reinstalling ClashFarmer. The bot is picky.

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - nooban - 12-09-2017

Where can we get a copy of the 4.4 OVA file now?  www.memuplay.com is dead.

I'll try BlueStacks 2 if I can find it .. anyone have a link to this old release?

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - Supreme Leader - 12-09-2017

Check the links below

RE: [SOLVED] I updated to MEmu 3.6.7 and ClashFarmer no longer works!!! HALP!!! - nooban - 12-09-2017

Not sure what you wanted me to see .. I didn't see a different link to Android 4.4 OVA or a BlueStacks 2 download. The "BlueStacks 2" link now installs BlueStacks 3.

Please advise,
Thanks!

I reinstalled an old copy of Memu 2.9.6 and it appears to be working with clashfarmer. Let me know if this isn't 'safe' .. this was the only way I could get CF working again.

Good/Bad? LMK

Thanks!