ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: New ban announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-18-2019, 04:44 PM)gopostal Wrote: [ -> ]I guarantee you that there is a line in the detection code that reads

if(potentialbotter == MonthlySeasonPurchaser)
 then skip;

CoC is a business designed to make money. They could care less if we play like that on small, unknown accounts that aren't plastered all over YT. Banning someone with real time in the game pretty much completely ends because you just won't start over. It's a lose for everyone: they lose a repeated revenue stream as well as a (generally) higher level player who is engaged with the game and doesn't mind to take a loss since they are probably just farming for loot anyway. Judging by the time it's taking for me to clear the clouds on higher levels they are lacking upper tier players anyway.

I'd be very surprised if this results in anything that impacts us.

Man, I hope you're right. I'm just farming between crystal and masters trying to finish maxing 12 rn. It's a grind even with botting. I end up paying more because my bot helps me when I cant play and thus spend more time and money myself on the game.
Well, I have over 1100 successful attacks over this season, its pretty hard to hide it from Supercell , which can result in a ban..
As they said, they are going to start running their software within a few weeks..
My suggestion to you is to max barracks and enjoy the bot until the end of this season (which is 6 more days).. and to wait a little bit before you continue botting .
I suggest to see what happens first with the bans and then to continue.
Up until a year or so ago my main hobby was mod coding for Unreal engine. I've gotten to code a bunch of stuff for it including several anticheats, some of which ID you without letting you know that you were flagged. This lets the admin decide what to do before you even realize you were noticed. One overwhelming surprise for me was the vast amount of people who cheat. I regularly told clan leaders that approached me for help that they were going to be very surprised at how bad the problem really was and that they better put some thought into how it was going to go. If they *really* wanted to clean up their servers they were for sure going to lose players and some of those were going to be long-time clan members. My guess is the very same conversations are happening with the CoC devs.

Because of the attack playback system we know that there are server-side demos created for each game. It's a forgone conclusion that these feed into a stat tracking system that is used internally to monitor game balance, etc. It would be trivial for them to skim off the top 5% of obvious botters in the amount of time it would take to script the button that does the auto ban. Because they haven't it tells me that they very likely just aren't going to do this, probably for financial reasons.

I'm reasonably sure this is just them posturing. I'm glad that ClashFarmer uses anti-detection algorithms but in the end you can't hide from the spreadsheet. It would take no time at all to sort the tables by playtime and see the botters clearly in the data. Stats nerds like myself live for this sortation lol. I'd guess they make up a good portion of upper level players too. We spend money on bots and probably also spend money on the monthly CoC plan so that you maximize your return on the amount of time you are playing.

There's no way they are going to sweep across the player base and remove a ton of people who are paying for the monthly plan. Company shareholders don't give a shit about botters, they want maximum profit and if you impact that by trying to 'clean up' the game you are not going to make them happy. By all accounts the player base is shrinking now anyway so that's another reason you won't see anything.

TL/DR: There might be some token banning of certain accounts but my position is that you won't see mass banning for a number of reasons. We as mostly quiet, non-streaming botters who just want to play around are never going to come up on the radar to be noticed. Keep doing what you are doing.
The point is: nobody can assure us we are 100% safe. Am I wrong?
(07-22-2019, 01:33 PM)francisconetto Wrote: [ -> ]The point is: nobody can assure us we are 100% safe. Am I wrong?

You are paying to cheat on a game. What do you expect?
Hi everyone, did u guys still running farmer?
(07-26-2019, 07:30 AM)hutchew Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, did u guys still running farmer?

I stopped running it yesterday since the season is about to end and I have 1300 attacks...
I'll be waiting to see if they are  really starting to ban people in the next week/s and if not I will continue botting.
Why don't you do an algorithm that stops the atack at 45% so that the many wins won t show up counted at the profile window of your account. It still a good loot even at 45% on dead bases and i m sure no one will mind since the bot is already going and going and going....4h with a 1h pause...so it wont matter the lost resources for stopping it at 45%. It will be a big win for those counting attacks won at your profile....
(07-28-2019, 10:24 PM)ShadowSwifty Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you do an algorithm that stops the atack at 45% so that the many wins won t show up counted at the profile window of your account. It still a good loot even at 45% on dead bases and i m sure no one will mind since the bot is already going and going and going....4h with a 1h pause...so it wont matter the lost resources for stopping it at 45%. It will be a big win for those counting attacks won at your profile....

Irrelevant.... SC watch total attacks and total time online tnkt wins or how much %
(07-28-2019, 10:24 PM)ShadowSwifty Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you do an algorithm that stops the atack at 45% so that the many wins won t show up counted at the profile window of your account.

That's not really how statistics work.

Think of it this way: In order for the bot to really work for you it needs to run quite a lot since individual attacks done by it don't tend to be nearly as good as individual attacks done by you as a player. It makes up for this by generating a large volume of attacks. I can make a Barch army and use no heroes and I can easily get more loot each day than carefully orchestrated attacks can do...unless I stay tied to my game literally the entire day.

Because of this it would be almost trivial to identify most all people botting. In real life who can run attacks off and on all day long, day after day, for weeks at a time? I'm sure there are a few players THAT dedicated but overall if I saw that on some account that was playing as a single or in a clan of 3 or 4 I'd be pretty sure that they are using a bot.

Identifying the botters is entry-level statistics sifting. If Supercell wanted to do something about it, they already would have because it's not even hard work to skim off at least 50% of the botters (and likely way more than that). My guess is that people who bother enough to spend money on a bot have a high likelihood of also spending each month on the Battle Pass. No way are they going to ban a ton of people actively spending money on the game, even if that "cleaned things up".

They post stuff like this to upset people who are afraid of breaking rules. Stop worrying at all about it because I don't think anything is coming at the end of the day. It would be an absolutely stupid decision that directly impacted the financial performance of Clash, and my guess is that the people backing the game won't take a fiscal loss in the name of 'fairness'.
Pages: 1 2 3 4