ClashFarmer Discussion Forum

Full Version: New ban announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-29-2019, 06:27 AM)gopostal Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2019, 10:24 PM)ShadowSwifty Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you do an algorithm that stops the atack at 45% so that the many wins won t show up counted at the profile window of your account.

That's not really how statistics work.

Think of it this way: In order for the bot to really work for you it needs to run quite a lot since individual attacks done by it don't tend to be nearly as good as individual attacks done by you as a player. It makes up for this by generating a large volume of attacks. I can make a Barch army and use no heroes and I can easily get more loot each day than carefully orchestrated attacks can do...unless I stay tied to my game literally the entire day.

Because of this it would be almost trivial to identify most all people botting. In real life who can run attacks off and on all day long, day after day, for weeks at a time? I'm sure there are a few players THAT dedicated but overall if I saw that on some account that was playing as a single or in a clan of 3 or 4 I'd be pretty sure that they are using a bot.

Identifying the botters is entry-level statistics sifting. If Supercell wanted to do something about it, they already would have because it's not even hard work to skim off at least 50% of the botters (and likely way more than that). My guess is that people who bother enough to spend money on a bot have a high likelihood of also spending each month on the Battle Pass. No way are they going to ban a ton of people actively spending money on the game, even if that "cleaned things up".

They post stuff like this to upset people who are afraid of breaking rules. Stop worrying at all about it because I don't think anything is coming at the end of the day. It would be an absolutely stupid decision that directly impacted the financial performance of Clash, and my guess is that the people backing the game won't take a fiscal loss in the name of 'fairness'.

So..... if we all get banned.... if will be your fault? Tongue Big Grin Wink Big Grin Tongue
(08-01-2019, 02:10 AM)flipx311 Wrote: [ -> ]So..... if we all get banned.... if will be your fault? Tongue Big Grin Wink Big Grin Tongue

Haha, yeah. I'll take the blame. When we all get banned I'll post this big "I was wrong" post for sure.

Look at it this way: It's very clear that you are given victories in matches when it was obvious you were going to lose to someone. We've all seen it and really it shouldn't be a surprise. The reality of streaks in performance dictate that there will be times when you just lose many times in a row. However the game doesn't allow that. If you lose several battles in a row, especially if you haven't logged out, it will slip in a victory no matter what. I understand that too. You run the risk of someone rage-quitting if they were to drop 200 trophies just from bad luck in matchmaking even though they were clearly trying.

Since Clash has no issues with being truthful on battles why would they have issues with being truthful about accounts? I expect them to release that they have banned a ton of accounts but we won't know directly of any (or very, very few) and there will be no "I was banned" posts from established members. Of course you'll get new accounts that came here just to say they were banned but those are obviously very suspect.

Again, this game exists solely to make money. It's not someone's passion project or art demonstration. It's a business and will behave like one. They aren't going to ban players, especially battle pass buyers, unless no other alternative exists. Since they fully control the flow of trophies, wins and losses, and the leveling system why would they ever take a chance to lose people spending money on the game?

I was a casual player until I saw the mass reduction in upgrade times. That's when I decided it was safe to use Clash Farmer because the game had peaked and was now on the downward slope. They needed to retain players and this was the most direct way to try to keep them. That's why it's safe now to bot as long as you do it and not draw attention to yourself. Don't stream it, don't join a high level clan, don't do stupid stuff.

You'll be fine.
(08-01-2019, 02:26 PM)gopostal Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2019, 02:10 AM)flipx311 Wrote: [ -> ]So..... if we all get banned.... if will be your fault? Tongue Big Grin Wink Big Grin Tongue

Haha, yeah. I'll take the blame. When we all get banned I'll post this big "I was wrong" post for sure.

Look at it this way: It's very clear that you are given victories in matches when it was obvious you were going to lose to someone. We've all seen it and really it shouldn't be a surprise. The reality of streaks in performance dictate that there will be times when you just lose many times in a row. However the game doesn't allow that. If you lose several battles in a row, especially if you haven't logged out, it will slip in a victory no matter what. I understand that too. You run the risk of someone rage-quitting if they were to drop 200 trophies just from bad luck in matchmaking even though they were clearly trying.

Since Clash has no issues with being truthful on battles why would they have issues with being truthful about accounts? I expect them to release that they have banned a ton of accounts but we won't know directly of any (or very, very few) and there will be no "I was banned" posts from established members. Of course you'll get new accounts that came here just to say they were banned but those are obviously very suspect.

Again, this game exists solely to make money. It's not someone's passion project or art demonstration. It's a business and will behave like one. They aren't going to ban players, especially battle pass buyers, unless no other alternative exists. Since they fully control the flow of trophies, wins and losses, and the leveling system why would they ever take a chance to lose people spending money on the game?

I was a casual player until I saw the mass reduction in upgrade times. That's when I decided it was safe to use Clash Farmer because the game had peaked and was now on the downward slope. They needed to retain players and this was the most direct way to try to keep them. That's why it's safe now to bot as long as you do it and not draw attention to yourself. Don't stream it, don't join a high level clan, don't do stupid stuff.

You'll be fine.

Ok... so this happened overnight...  (excuse the noob attachments if I haven't done it correctly)

[attachment=979]

[attachment=980]

Not sure if this is the start of the bans or just something wrong with the account. Apart from a few research troops, it was a max TH12.

To answer some FAQs:-

- Always had the timeout settings set up
- Set to attack dead bases
- Standard default bot settings, nothing out of the ordinary
- In a safe clan
- Lastest Memu/CF bot

Only thing I can think of... Never made any purchases from SC.

I had some other accounts running and some are still going and don't seem to have any issues, and they have randomly over the years made a purchase from SC here and there.

I'll keep you updated!
Can anyone tell if the ban rates have increased? I always used CF, but now with this post I was very afraid.
(08-29-2019, 07:58 PM)rfpcf Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell if the ban rates have increased? I always used CF, but now with this post I was very afraid.

Theres 0 reports about bans so i assume the bot is still safe
Not sure if this is related but I was removed overnight too. Got up this morning to Clash being totally down. All I had to do though was log back in to supercell and reload my account. I haven't had to do that in a very long time, so I thought that was odd. Anyway everything is back up and running normally.

I keep saying that you guys should consider buying the battle pass. I don't really like having to do it but I just consider it as the cost of playing the way I want to play. It's just a little added insurance because kicking paying players is a way different decision that kicking f2p ones.

Sorry about your luck my man. Just out of curiosity did your accounts all share an IP? It might benefit you to get a VPN and periodically change your location if you are running them all out of the same box. I for sure wouldn't do that if anyone else here is also trying that. Multiple games ties to the same IP would be a big red flag if I were looking to ban. It's almost a free hit since you can ban one account at the address and still be reasonably sure the player will not quit the other games (especially if there were payments made on them). If this is the case for OP then I can see how it could happen.

I still stand by my thoughts that single instance players who buy battle pass and keep a low profile have nearly no worries.
(08-30-2019, 12:51 PM)gopostal Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is related but I was removed overnight too. Got up this morning to Clash being totally down. All I had to do though was log back in to supercell and reload my account. I haven't had to do that in a very long time, so I thought that was odd. Anyway everything is back up and running normally.

I keep saying that you guys should consider buying the battle pass. I don't really like having to do it but I just consider it as the cost of playing the way I want to play. It's just a little added insurance because kicking paying players is a way different decision that kicking f2p ones.

Sorry about your luck my man. Just out of curiosity did your accounts all share an IP? It might benefit you to get a VPN and periodically change your location if you are running them all out of the same box. I for sure wouldn't do that if anyone else here is also trying that. Multiple games ties to the same IP would be a big red flag if I were looking to ban. It's almost a free hit since you can ban one account at the address and still be reasonably sure the player will not quit the other games (especially if there were payments made on them). If this is the case for OP then I can see how it could happen.

I still stand by my thoughts that single instance players who buy battle pass and keep a low profile have nearly no worries.

IDK where many gotten this myth about paid players no getting banned easily, which is wrong because they focus bans on paid users to force them recreate a new account and buy gems all over again to speed up the buildings and what not
(08-30-2019, 04:39 PM)Erakay Wrote: [ -> ]IDK where many gotten this myth about paid players no getting banned easily, which is wrong because they focus bans on paid users to force them recreate a new account and buy gems all over again to speed up the buildings and what not

I'd be really interested in seeing the true statistics on this. I'd be very surprised if the retention rate for banned players was more than single digits once they have gotten into the TH11 or 12. That's just too much playtime to redo, and gemming your way there would be a seriously expensive option. I just googled this:

Quote:According to the Clash of Clans wiki the total cost of upgrading everything is 1,688,882 gems which works out to be $12,068.77.

It seems to me that the vast majority of players are semi-casual and play just because they would like to finish out this game they've been playing for a year or two. If you suddenly wiped the plate clean I doubt many would start over. You might load up a new game with the best intention to rebuild your village but the first time you had to wait out a build time it would be obvious how much work it's going to take to get back to where you were a couple of days ago.

Now I'm very curious. Does CoC ever publish data on things like this? I could easily be wrong but it seems very likely that someone who spends money on the game then loses it all by being banned isn't likely to return. I'm sure it happens but as a percentage I'd think it to be low.
(08-31-2019, 03:05 AM)gopostal Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2019, 04:39 PM)Erakay Wrote: [ -> ]IDK where many gotten this myth about paid players no getting banned easily, which is wrong because they focus bans on paid users to force them recreate a new account and buy gems all over again to speed up the buildings and what not

I'd be really interested in seeing the true statistics on this. I'd be very surprised if the retention rate for banned players was more than single digits once they have gotten into the TH11 or 12. That's just too much playtime to redo, and gemming your way there would be a seriously expensive option. I just googled this:

Quote:According to the Clash of Clans wiki the total cost of upgrading everything is 1,688,882 gems which works out to be $12,068.77.

It seems to me that the vast majority of players are semi-casual and play just because they would like to finish out this game they've been playing for a year or two. If you suddenly wiped the plate clean I doubt many would start over. You might load up a new game with the best intention to rebuild your village but the first time you had to wait out a build time it would be obvious how much work it's going to take to get back to where you were a couple of days ago.

Now I'm very curious. Does CoC ever publish data on things like this? I could easily be wrong but it seems very likely that someone who spends money on the game then loses it all by being banned isn't likely to return. I'm sure it happens but as a percentage I'd think it to be low.

Well mostly you reach a level in the game where you dont need to spend gems if that happens and you havent spent gems in a long time you as casual as non paid players
(08-31-2019, 03:19 AM)Erakay Wrote: [ -> ]Well mostly you reach a level in the game where you dont need to spend gems if that happens and you havent spent gems in a long time you as casual as non paid players

You make very valid points. I'm interested in what happens if there are indeed ban waves to occur. CoC is fun for me but not enough that I would ever consider starting over. If I were banned I'd just delete it and move on to something else. I've actually started thinking about what my end game is now that I can see my TH12 getting maxxed in the not too distant future. I'll probably give it to someone and find something else to play.

Here's hoping that none of this is a problem for us Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4